To keep patients, families and staff safe, we are strictly limiting the number of visitors at the moment to decrease the risk of COVID-19 being brought in to our sites.
In addition to limiting visitors, we are taking many steps to limit the risk of transmission and keep staff, patients and clients safe including:
- Staff are wearing (personal protective equipment) PPE when necessary and always washing or sanitizing their hands frequently.
- We’re cleaning shared spaces very often and very carefully.
- Staff are safely disposing of items like gloves and masks to keep rooms and clothing free from germs.
- Staff at only permitted to work at one long term care facility.
- We are limiting the number and size of gatherings and outings. If a group or outing goes ahead, the size will be decreased to ensure there is a space two metres between patients to prevent the spread of infection.