Tonia is a distinguished scientist at BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services.
Areas of expertise:
- Post-doctoral fellow, forensic psychology, University of British Columbia
- Doctorate degree, forensic psychology, Simon Fraser University
- Master's degree, forensic psychology, Simon Fraser University
- Forensic psychology
- Intersections of law and mental health, including the finding of not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder (NCRMD) or unfit to stand trial (UST)
- Forensic risk assessments
- Abuse and re-victimization
- Policies and programs for mentally ill and marginalized populations
- Mental health screening in correctional settings
Affiliations: Dr. Tonia Nicholls is a professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of British Columbia.