Cultural safety is an outcome determined by each individual person. We strive to provide care that is culturally safe at all times.
At BCMHSUS, patients and families identify which supports and cultural care are important to ensure their experience is culturally safe. Our work includes:
- Access to and use of sacred medicines for patients and clients
- Connection to ceremony and other resources within the community
- Flexibility to try and implement any additional cultural supports that the patient or client requires connection to
- Elder-led group programming for patients and clients
- Support for BCMHSUS employees to take the San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety training.