BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority.
BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services works with the regional health authorities and other key stakeholders to ensure that everyone in B.C. has access to the specialized mental health and substance use services they need, when they need them, regardless of where they live.
To learn more, read the BCMHSUS fact sheet.
- Provincial, specialized inpatient and outpatient services for adults with complex mental health and substance use issues including:
- Forensic psychiatric services for people involved with the criminal justice system
- Health services for inmates incarcerated in provincial correctional facilities
- Teaching, research and facilitating knowledge exchange
- Provincial planning and development of frameworks, guidelines, standards and pathways
- Capacity building through the provision of expertise and education
- Prevention, promotion & health literacy
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides a diverse range of specialized, provincial, one-of-a-kind health mental health and substance use services for people with complex needs across the province. Services include:
- Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addictions
- Correctional health services
- Forensic psychiatric services
- Heartwood Centre for Women
- Ashnola at the Crossing
- BC Psychosis
- Provincial substance use treatment beds
- Rehabilitation and recovery
In addition to delivering these clinical services, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: